Weight Loss Ticker

Monday, August 2, 2010

Week 17 weigh in

Well, this was a really rough week. I was MIA from the blog for most of the week. My inlaws were in town so we had lots of visitors and parties. There was also an anniversary party thrown in there. And I fell off the wagon once or twice and indulged in some evening snacking, which has been one of my biggest vices in the past.

Well, with all that said, I decided to jump on the scale this morning anyway. To my surprise, I'm down to 273.6, which gives me a total loss of 40 pounds now. I'm really excited about that, yet I'm kind of confused. I was expecting a gain this week after having such a rough week last week. I'll definitely take the loss, but it just kind of boggles my mind how the scale can give me a loss after what I thought was such a bad week. I suppose I did try to fight throughout the week. For example, I only had a single plate of food at the pot luck anniversary party. And when my inlaws were here to play cards at night, I didn't snack with them when they were passing chips around the table. Perhaps I had a better week than I thought. Now that I think about it, I'm wondering if my evening snacking just made it appear that I had a bad week. I know that sitting in front of the TV and snacking on junk food is one of the major reasons I am as big as I am, and unfortunately I did that a few times this week. Perhaps I was viewing the entire week as a failure because I had fallen back into that bad habit a bit. I guess a few minor failures and a few major victories equals a 2.4 pound losing week.

This week is going to be another struggle I think. I'm going to do as good as I can throughout the week because I'm away next weekend. I'm taking an annual golf trip with the guys. There will be 3 days of poker, drinking and eating... definitely not good in terms of weight loss. So my goal this week is to lose enough throughout the week that the upcoming weekend doesn't result in a gain. It would be nice to get out of this week and still have my 40 pound loss under my belt. Wish me luck :-)

2 comments:

  1. The loss is great! It sounds like you are really using some positive lessons, even when you are not fully aware of it. That'sa good sign. As for the golf trip, have fun and I suggest plan some choices that might allow you to still party, but in a better way. Vodka is better for you than beers in calorie and smaller qtys. Also, maybe you could buy/bring some baked chips or turkey jerky as snacks, rather than just going with what is offered.

    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the loss & hitting the BIG 40 GONE! :) Hope this week is better for ya! :) WHOOHOOO!

    ReplyDelete