Weight Loss Ticker

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 129 - Still struggling with portions

I had a pretty good day today, however, my dinner portion was still a bit too large. During dinner I felt that I wanted a bit more food, so I had a little more after finishing my first plate. However, 5 minutes after I was done I felt way too full. So I think I'm going to focus on giving myself a few minutes before helping myself to any seconds at dinner. I've heard that it takes a few minutes for your body to register that you're actually full, which seems to have been the case tonight... by the time I realized I was full, it was too late and I was too full. We'll see if this new strategy will help me cut some calories out of my diet by keeping the second dinner plate at bay.

Here's how today broke down:


Breakfast:
- Cereal
- Orange juice
- Pineapple
- Coffee



Lunch:
- Penne with meat sauce
- Roll
- Yogurt cup
- Orange
- Water



Afternoon snack:
- Apple
- Yogurt cup



Supper:
- Steak
- Rice
- Sweet potatoe
- Milk
- Coffee



Evening Snack:
- Water



Workout:
- hour and a half of yard work

2 comments:

  1. Your diet looks pretty good, but might I make a suggestion if your looking to improve? Cereal for breakfast, at lunch you had Penne/Roll, fair amount of refined sugar in that, then at supper you went with Rice AND potato, if you were to add up your carb count for the day, its probably pretty high. Maybe try and cut a few of those out and replace them with high protein foods. Instead of Cereal, go with eggs, maybe throw away that roll ;) and at supper choose rice OR potato but not both! Anyways, not trying to be critical, just trying to help. As far as eating too much..im notorious for eating too fast, which in turn I end up eating too much, Ive worked hard lately on slowing down my meals and chewing slowely. It's hard, but it definately helps. Just have to form the habit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Josh... thanks for the suggestion. I might try to substitute one of those carbs for some veggies... I know I should be eating more veggies anyway.

    ReplyDelete