Weight Loss Ticker

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Days 139, 140 & 141 - Enter Jekyll and Hyde

I had a really fun weekend this weekend. On Friday morning I surprised my wife with a weekend getaway with the kids. I took the day off and I told her get up, get dressed and pack for 2 days (bring beach stuff). We had a great weekend cabin camping on PEI.

Unfortunately, camping (like so may other things) seems to bring out the worst in me health wise. We had junk food and beers around the campfire and meals in restaurants that were far from low-cal. Sigh. I swear I'm it's just like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. I try so hard throughout the week and I do so well, but then I get into a scenario like camping or poker or playing cards with family and everything I've worked for just goes out the window like I'm a totally different person. All these things seem to just be associated with eating, and eating food that is not exactly good for you. I guess that's why I got as big as I did. However, when I get in those situations I just seem to revert to my old self. I need to somehow learn to live a balanced life and perhaps partake in these things with extreme moderation and not do the all or nothing thing that I have been doing. Anyone have any tips with respect to how they deal with living through the same scenarios that got them overweight, but not allowing them to become pitfalls in their new journey?

I know I did really good last week Monday through Thursday. With Friday through Sunday just being a gong show, I'm not sure what to expect on the scale. Things were so bad, I wouldn't be surprised to see a gain... hopefully not too much. Fingers crossed that it's not as bad as I fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment