Weight Loss Ticker

Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 155 - Terrible day today

I had such a bad day today I don't even want to fess up to what I ate throughout the day. We had french toast for breakfast and then the family went for a day trip out of town, so the day went downhill from there (food wise). We had 2 meals at restaurants, plus some ice creams for a snack. I fell into the trap of 'It's been a bad day, so lets just throw the diet out the window' mentality, because when we got home we decided to have some snacks tonight. Snacks which included chips and chocolate covered almonds (my favs). I've done really well to avoid sinking back into that mentality, but today was just a failure. I'm really going to try and get back on track this coming week as I know I've still got a long journey in front of me and falling back into my old habits like this isn't helping matters.

On the plus side, I had a great day with my wife and kids. Now I've just got to figure out how to have that great day and still stay away from bad foods.

2 comments:

  1. I hate it when I do this, and believe me, I have done it all too often. It is too easy to let go when the day starts off bad.

    Good to read of the good time with your family - that is valuable too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you recognized what you did...it's feedback not failure! I forget where I heard that for the first time but I think it's a helpful phrase!

    ReplyDelete