Weight Loss Ticker

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 2 - Feeling good, but fighting hunger pangs

In the past it would not be unusual for me to eat multiple large plates of pasta or an entire pizza for dinner. Part of my approach to losing weight is to reduce my portion sizes. With reduced portion sizes and eliminated evening snacking, I feel as though I'm starving. I know I'm getting a decent amount of calories through the day, but I think my body may be in shock given that it's used to having so much more. Oh well, I'll fight through the evening hunger pangs and look forward to a good breakfast in the morning.

Here's my food for the day. I was able to fit in a brief workout as well... but now my legs are killing me... this is going to take some getting used to :-)

Breakfast:
- Two fried eggs on an english muffin
- Maple begal with lite cream cheese
- Orange Juice
- Coffee (X2)


Lunch:
- 3 hot dogs
- Diet Coke
- Coffee


Afternoon Snack:
- Yogurt


Supper:
- Pork tenderloin
- Roasted root veggies
- Rice
- 1 beer
- Milk


Evening Snack:
- Water


Workout:
- Legs (squats, lunges & calf raises)


All in all, a great day and I'm feeling good about my approach. Fingers crossed that it just gets easier as I hopefully settle into a routine.

Oh... and a side note... I was pumped to see some comments on my blog today for the first time. This blogging thing is pretty cool. I can definitely see why people find it helpful in their weight loss journeys.

1 comment:

  1. One of my tricks when I got the evening hunger pains was to go ahead and thoroughly brush my teeth, floss and gargle with mouthwash. That seemed to send a signal to my brain that chowtime was over for the evening.

    Good luck to you, William. I promise you that it gets easier if you stick with it.

    ReplyDelete