Weight Loss Ticker

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 19 - Darn those portion sizes and painful workouts

Eating was pretty good today. My meals were good, my afternoon snack was healthy and I didn't munch too much this evening. I guess the only negative in the food department was my portion size at dinner. I was really hungry and went back for a second plate of pasta. I think I should have just walked away and given myself some time to determine whether or not I really wanted more food. Oh well, perhaps next time :-)

On the positive side of things, my back was feeling much better today. So good in fact, I got a 1.5 mile walk in on the treadmill. Unfortunately, about an hour after my walk, my back was killing me again. I guess I should have waited another day or two to start working out again. Hopefully it feels OK in the morning and my walk hasn't aggrivated it too much.

Here's how today broke down:


Breakfast:
- Bowl of fruit
- Cereal
- Orange juice
- Coffee



Lunch:
- Crispy grilled cheese sandwich (X2)
- Coffee
- Milk



Afternoon snack:
- Apple
- Water



Supper:
- Penna with meat sauce (2 plates)
- Garlic bread
- Milk



Evening Snack:
- Green tea
- 1 hard candy



Workout:
- Walk (1.5 miles)

4 comments:

  1. It's easy for me to overdo it on pasta too...love that stuff!!! Are you counting calories or just watching your portions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not counting calories. It would be nice to know how many I consume in the run of a day, but I'm not crazy about the idea of measuring out all my food. I'm just trying to keep my portion sizes 'reasonable'... very subjective, I know :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very subjective indeed! lol If you'll email me at my gmail account listed on my blog, I'll get back with you and tell you my experience with counting calories. Talk to you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job getting the walk in. Take care of your back though.

    ReplyDelete