Weight Loss Ticker

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 30 - Small failure leads to small victory

Food was pretty good again today. My meals were decent, snacking was under control and my portion sizes were good. All in all, not a bad day. Funny thing about my overeating at last night's dinner... I guess it stayed with me. When I was eating dinner tonight, I felt that my portion size was a bit too big, so I actually left some food on my plate as I didn't want a repeat of last night. Leaving food on my plate (especially when it's something I enjoy) isn't typically something I'd do, so I'd say it's a step in the right direction. Perhaps I'm finally learning to eat to live rather than live to eat.

I've been feeling pretty good lately (back-wise), so I've decided to get back into the strength training. Nothing too serious, but on days when I'm not on the treadmill, I plan on doing 3 sets of certain exercises (ie: squals, pushups, etc). I'll focus on legs one day, chest & arms another day and core a third day. If I can get 3 days of strength training and 3 days of cardio in every week, I'd be pretty happy. Tonight was my first night and I did some leg exercises.

Here's how today broke down:


Breakfast:
- Bowl of cereal
- 1/2 grapefruit
- Orange juice
- Coffee



Lunch:
- Ham & cheese sandwich
- Yogurt fruit cup
- Coffee



Afternoon snack:
- Apple
- Coffee



Supper:
- Fish sticks
- Potatoe wedges
- Corn
- Diet coke



Evening Snack:
- 3 hard candies
- Water



Workout:
- leg workout (squats, lunges & calf raises)

1 comment:

  1. Way to mix things up. Sounds like you are starting to cover all bases...eating, cardio and weights.

    ReplyDelete